4 slices gluten-free bread
1 5 ounce can albacore tuna
1 spoonful vegenaise or mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of your favorite spice (I usually do garlic and my husband does red pepper flakes)
4 slices cheese
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
2. Place two slices of bread on skillet.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
4. In a bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, and spices.
5. Place half of tuna mixture on each slice of bread and cheese.
6. Cover both sandwiches with another slice of cheese and bread.
7. Cook on medium-low heat for five minutes.
8. Flip sandwiches.
9. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. (cooking time will vary based on heat of stove)
Serve with a salad or carrot sticks and chips.
1 brown rice tortilla
Grilled chicken (I used our leftover Cajun chicken from the other night)
Shredded cheese (I used Daiya mozzarella)
1. Fold tortilla in half and reopen.
2. Fill one half of tortilla with chicken and cheese.
3. Close tortilla.
4. Microwave for 30 seconds. (If using a dairy free cheese do 45 seconds as it takes longer to melt.)
Please note, I serve with carrots or salad and am satisfied. If I were making for my husband, I would fill a whole tortilla and put a second tortilla on top.
I rarely take the time to make my gluten-free pie crust from scratch. I will for a special occasion though, so I will have to bake it soon so I can post that. But I make the filling over rice at least one per week.
1/2 cup quinoa (for 3 people. I use 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa per person)
1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken
2 cups chicken broth
1 bag frozen carrots (12 ounces)
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
1/4 cup white grape juice
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1. Cook quinoa. I put 1/2 cup of rice and one cups of water in a saucepan with a lid. Cook on high until the water level boils down to just above quinoa. Then put on low for ten minutes.
2. In a large skillet, start better than bouillon and chicken broth on medium.
3. Add in carrots.
4. Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
5. Add chicken to skillet.
6. In small bowl, add grape juice and flour. Stir until it makes a paste.
7. Add paste to skillet and stir.
It is ready when filling is thick and chicken is cooked. Serve by filling bowl with quinoa and adding filling from skillet.
Crust ingredients :
2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl.
2. Let set for 15 minutes to thicken.
3. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
4. Pour batter onto skillet so it looks like a pancake.
5. Flip when you start to see air bubbles in dough.
6. When crust is cooked, transfer to cookie sheet.
7. Top pizza as you wish (note : I would not put raw meat on the pizza because I don’t think it will cook enough).
8. Put in oven on broil for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
It makes a pretty small pizza. You could pair with a salad or carrot sticks for lunch for two.
This post contains affiliate links.