This is another recipe that started paleo…
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon sugar
16 ounces broccoli
1 pound chicken breasts
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 cup rice
1. Start rice. Put one cup of rice and two cups water in a saucepan. Cook on high until water level is just above rice. Turn to low heat until rice is finished cooking.
2. Set out egg yolks so they can become closer to room temperature.
3. In a large skillet, saute 2 tablespoons sesame oil, ginger, and garlic for one minute on medium heat.
4. Add broccoli to skillet and stir until broccoli is bright green (should take about five minutes).
5. Remove broccoli from skillet.
6. Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to whatever liquid is left in skillet.
7. Mix in cut chicken breasts and stir until chicken is cooked through (should take about five minutes).
8. Remove chicken from skillet.
9. Add 1/4 cup sesame oil, sugar, and chicken broth to skillet on low.
10. Slowly add skillet mixture to eggs, stopping periodically to stir. This allows you to thicken sauce without scrambling your eggs.
11. Once eggs are thoroughly mixed in, pour mixture into skillet.
12. Return chicken and broccoli to skillet and stir.
13. Add sesame seeds to skillet, stir, and return to medium heat for about five minutes.
14. Serve over rice.
2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons brown rice flour
1/4 cup earth balance butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup Marsala wine (we use Trader Joe’s sweet Marsala)
1 cup chicken broth (we use Kendale Farm brand from the Dollar Store)
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mushrooms (I used a four ounce can)
8 ounces gluten-free pasta (we used Trader Joe’s quinoa and brown rice pasta)
vegetable of choice
1. In a small bowl, mix flour and spices.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half for easier cooking.
3. Roll chicken in flour mixture to coat on all sides.
4. Start pasta. Fill pot with water. Sprinkle salt and add a few drops of olive oil. Cover. Bring to boil. Add in pasta. Cook on high for ten minutes. Drain.
5. Start vegetable. Place vegetable in saucepan. Fill with water just above the vegetable line. Bring to a boil and then put on low heat.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
7. Cook chicken in skillet on medium – high (I cook on 8) for 3 minutes covered and flip to cook another 3 minutes.
8. Remove chicken from skillet and put on plate.
9. In skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
10. Sauté mushrooms until brown around the edges.
11. Add marsala and saute for three minutes.
12. Add chicken broth and 2 tablespoons butter and saute for three minutes.
13. Lower to medium heat (5 on my stove) and put chicken breasts back in skillet.
14. Coat chicken with sauce in skillet.
15. Cover skillet and cook for three minutes. Flip chicken and cook for another three minutes.
Serve over your favorite pasta with a vegetable.
For my fellow dairy free people, you can top with Nutritional Yeast Flakes. It is dairy free but has a cheesy taste. My husband says it tastes like a Romano cheese.
This post contains affiliate links.