For October’s cooking class at church we learned how to make bulgogi.
2 pounds thinly sliced beef chuck or sirloin
1 carrot thinly sliced (julienne)
mushrooms thinly sliced
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix all marinade ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Add meat to marinade. Toss gently to mix everything together.
3. Marinade meat for about an hour.
Tip: If you want to make the meat more tender, add about 1/4 of a kiwi fruit blended into the marinade the last ten minutes.
4. Cut carrots and mushrooms. Mix in to marinade.
5. Use sesame oil to coat skillet.
6. Fry on high heat until cooked through.
You can serve plain or with white rice.