3/4 cup brown rice flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons sugar
1/3 cup earth balance butter
2/3 cup soy milk
1. Mix brown rice flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
2. Add butter, egg, and milk and stir until dough is formed.
3. Spray cookie sheet.
4. Form dough into four circles.
Hamburger buns : Simply flatten circles about the same size as your hamburgers.
Hot dog buns : Roll dough to about same size as your hot dog.
5. Put buns on cookie sheet and place in oven at 450 for eight minutes.
6. Flip buns.
7. Put back in oven for eight minutes.
8. As it is cooling, cut each circle in half to create and a top and a bottom for your bun.
Note: I put the fries and the buns in the oven at the same time. If you cook together, I would cook 10 minutes on each side.
Recipe makes four buns.
4 slices gluten-free bread
1 5 ounce can albacore tuna
1 spoonful vegenaise or mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of your favorite spice (I usually do garlic and my husband does red pepper flakes)
4 slices cheese
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
2. Place two slices of bread on skillet.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each slice of bread.
4. In a bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, and spices.
5. Place half of tuna mixture on each slice of bread and cheese.
6. Cover both sandwiches with another slice of cheese and bread.
7. Cook on medium-low heat for five minutes.
8. Flip sandwiches.
9. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes. (cooking time will vary based on heat of stove)
Serve with a salad or carrot sticks and chips.
1 brown rice tortilla
Grilled chicken (I used our leftover Cajun chicken from the other night)
Shredded cheese (I used Daiya mozzarella)
1. Fold tortilla in half and reopen.
2. Fill one half of tortilla with chicken and cheese.
3. Close tortilla.
4. Microwave for 30 seconds. (If using a dairy free cheese do 45 seconds as it takes longer to melt.)
Please note, I serve with carrots or salad and am satisfied. If I were making for my husband, I would fill a whole tortilla and put a second tortilla on top.
Crust ingredients :
2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1. Mix ingredients in a bowl.
2. Let set for 15 minutes to thicken.
3. Spray skillet with cooking spray.
4. Pour batter onto skillet so it looks like a pancake.
5. Flip when you start to see air bubbles in dough.
6. When crust is cooked, transfer to cookie sheet.
7. Top pizza as you wish (note : I would not put raw meat on the pizza because I don’t think it will cook enough).
8. Put in oven on broil for 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
It makes a pretty small pizza. You could pair with a salad or carrot sticks for lunch for two.
This post contains affiliate links.