The first time I made this, I got the recipe out of a paleo recipe book. But we have tweaked it a few times and it is so not paleo anymore!
1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 pound chicken breast
1/2 yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup peas
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1 cup rice
1. Start rice. Put one cup of rice and two cups water in a saucepan. Pour a little olive oil and salt into saucepan and stir. Put on high until the water level is just above rice, then put on low heat until water is cooked off.
2. Start peas. Put enough water in saucepan to cover peas. Put on high heat until the water starts to boil. Then put on low heat.
3. Cut chicken and place in a large skillet.
4. Slice bell pepper and chop into smaller pieces (the leftover slices freeze well). Place pepper pieces in skillet with chicken.
5. In small bowl, mix paprika, cumin, salt, oregano, and garlic powder.
6. Pour spice mixture over chicken and pepper and stir.
7. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar to skillet.
8. Saute on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
9. Add cheese. Stir until cheese is thoroughly melted.
10. Drain peas and mix into skillet.
11. You can either mix in the rice or serve the mixture over rice.