Note: I used this recipe to make my gingerbread house. I need to figure out the frosting that actually works in keeping the gingerbread house together before I post it. In the meantime, this recipe is what I used to make my gingerbread house pieces. I just cut it in half to make cookies because I think it would be too many cookies! So feel free to double this recipe to make a house…or if you just want a ton of gingerbread cookies!
1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup melted earth balance butter (you might want to use shortening if you are making a gingerbread house)
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Mix flours, xanthan gum, sugar, ginger, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Melt butter.
4. Add butter, molasses, and water to large bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Make two big balls out of your dough.
6. Roll out each ball of dough on a cookie sheet with a rolling pin.
7. Use cookie cutters to shape your cookies and peel away excess dough to make a third sheet of cookies later.
8. Back each cookie sheet for six minutes.