1/4 cup curry paste (The Asian Food Market near our house has several flavors of Curry Paste)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 3/4 cup soy milk
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into small pieces
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1/2 cup Sambal Oelek Chili Paste
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 cup bamboo shoots
1 1/2 cups peas
1 cup rice
1. Start rice. Put one cup of rice and two cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
2. In a wok, stir curry paste and olive oil on low heat for two minutes.
3. Stir in soy milk.
4. Mix in honey, fish sauce, chili pepper, and rice vinegar.
5. Add meat and increase heat. Cook until meat is no longer raw.
6. Mix in bamboo shoots and peas.
7. Cook for five minutes.
8. Mix in rice.
9. Lower heat and let simmer for five minutes.
Note: We use this recipe to make my husband’s work lunches for the week. I think it is really spicy, but he has perfected the curry to the way he likes it.