3 tablespoons earth balance butter
1 bag large marshmallows (10 ounces)
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal (gluten-free free brown rice in the yellow box is our favorite)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used vegan carob chips in the one pictured above)
1. Melt butter in a large pot on low heat (will take about four minutes)
2. Add marshmallows and melt on low. (It seems like it takes forever and it is about twenty minutes, but trust me, it’s worth it. I have had to start over many times after burning my butter or marshmallows)
3. Spray 9×13 pan.
4. Add cereal to pot and mix thoroughly.
5. Turn off heat.
6. Add in chocolate chips and mix thoroughly. (I suppose that true chocoholics could add more but I found that more than this makes the chocolate flavor a bit overwhelming.)
7. Pour into pan.
8. Use spatula to make even.
9. Let sit about an hour to set. If you are in a hurry, you can put it in the refrigerator about twenty minutes before cutting.
At all of the work pot lucks, his coworkers request that my husband brings these. Apparently someone else attempted it once and ours are better 🙂
If you prefer, you can use the normal rice krispy treat recipe.