3/4 cup white rice flour
3/4 cup Garbanzo Bean Flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup earth balance butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup Carob Powder
1. In a large bowl, mix white rice flour, garbanzo bean flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and sugar.
2. Add butter, shortening, vanilla, and eggs and mix thoroughly.
3. Add carob powder to dough and mix thoroughly.
5. Form dough into meatball sized balls and flatten into cookies on cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Makes about 25 cookies
Note : If you would rather make sugar cookies, just take out the carob. I have also used this recipe to make both vanilla sugar cookies and carob cookies with the same dough (pictured above). If you want to make them together, then stop at step 2. Use half of dough to make sugar cookies. Then, you will only need 2 tablespoons of carob powder. Bake time will be the same.
This post contains affiliate links.