3 cups gluten-free pasta (we love Trader Joe’s brown rice fusilli and penne)
1 pound ground turkey
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup water
Optional jar of tomato sauce (we prefer Hunt’s garlic and herb)
1. Start pasta. Fill large pot with water. Add a few drops olive oil and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Add rice pasta. Cook for ten minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix cumin, sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper, and chili flakes.
3. Begin cooking turkey in skillet.
4. Add spice mixture and water to skillet. (If you are adding tomato sauce, do it now and skip water)
5. Turkey is ready when meat is brown and water is mostly cooked off but still looks moist.
6. Drain noodles.
7. Add noodles to skillet and mix thoroughly.
Note : My husband is allergic to tomatoes, so I make the meal without the sauce. I then heat about 1/4 cup of tomato sauce in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir into mine.