Crust Ingredients :
1 1/2 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup garbanzo bean flour
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup earth balance butter
1/2 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Filling Ingredients :
1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup frozen carrots
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
1/4 cup white grape juice
1/4 cup white rice flour
Crust Directions :
1. Combine all flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix in butter.
3. Add soy milk and vinegar to mix.
4. Stir with fork until it is as combined as you can get it. Then knead until dough is completely combined and smooth.
5. Put dough in plastic bag and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
1. Make dough for crust and store in refrigerator.
2. In a large skillet, mix chicken broth and better than bouillon on medium.
3. Add in carrots.
4. Cut chicken breast into small pieces.
5. Add chicken to skillet.
6. In small bowl, add grape juice and flour. Stir until it makes a paste.
7. Add paste to skillet and stir.
8. Spray 9×13 pan.
9. Line bottom of pan and sides (halfway to top) with dough. You should still have 1/3 of your dough left.
Note : I have tried a rolling pin but I feel like that is more work and the dough sticks even with flour so it takes forever. So I just take small chunks of dough, flatten in my hand, and place in pan.
10. Pour filling into pan. Use a rubber spatula to smooth out.
11. Use rest of dough to make top of pie crust.
12. Cook in oven at 375F/190C for 25 minutes.