8 ounces rice pasta
2 cups frozen broccoli
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons white grape juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Earth balance butter
Pasta (I use Trader Joe’s brown rice penne or fusilli pasta)
1.Bring water to a boil.
2. Add pasta.
3. Cook for ten minutes.
4. Drain water.
1. Put two cups frozen broccoli in an uncovered saucepan.
2. Fill with enough water to cover broccoli.
3. Bring water to a boil.
4. Turn heat to low.
5. Drain water.
6. Add a dab of butter and stir.
1. Cut chicken into pieces and put in skillet.
2. Add olive oil, lemon juice, grape juice, oregano, and cayenne pepper to chicken.
3. Cook chicken on medium for about ten minutes.
4. Mixture is ready when chicken looks cooked.
5. Add pasta and broccoli.
I start to boil water for pasta and then begin broccoli. By the time I get the chicken cut and start cooking the mixture, it is time to add the pasta to the water and turn heat down on broccoli. The chicken is usually ready about the time the pasta is cooked.