The original recipe for this, I found in the Fixate Cookbook. But I modified it to fit our food allergies. It really tastes like pumpkin pie. I think I will make this instead of pie for holidays now because it would be healthier to just have a bite or two instead of making a whole pie and eating it in a couple of days.
1 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup raw almonds
6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place dates in a medium bowl. Cover with water and let soak for 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Place almonds in a blender. Pulse until finely ground.
3. Add dates, pumpkin, vanilla, honey, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to blender.
4. Pulse until mixed.
5. Place mixture in medium bowl. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls.
7. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.