The contents of my diaper bag has changed as Clarissa grows.
We moved to South Korea the week that Clarissa turned 18 months old. Not only did we move to a different country, but we didn’t bring a car. Needless to say, our entire lifestyle changed.
I switched from a normal diaper bag to a bookbag. This way, I could bring a bus pass, my wallet, cell phone, and waterbottle along with whatever Clarissa would need.
I would make sure the following items were packed:
- 1 extra outfit
- a diaper for every 3 hours I planned to be away from the house
- a washcloth (wipe) for every diaper plus one extra
- my wetbag for dirty diapers
- my mini spray bottle for diaper changes
- sippy cup of water
- some finger foods like crackers or puffs
- a pouch of fruits or vegetables
- I let her choose a small toy or book for the bus ride
After being in Korea a few weeks, we also bought a small backpack harness for her. She wanted to walk on her own and I didn’t have to worry about cars. I usually put the snacks in her little backpack for easy access on the bus.