1/2 cup rice
1 pound ground beef
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can Hunts Garlic and Herb pasta sauce (24 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Pour 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup water in a small sauce pan. Cook on high until the water has boiled off to just above the rice line. Change heat to low until rice is mostly cooked.
- In a large pot, brown beef.
- Add spices and lemon juice to beef and mix well.
- Turn off heat.
- Add rice, pasta sauce, and 1/4 cup of cheese to beef and mix well.
- Pour mixture into 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup of cheese on top of mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
You can also add a chopped bell pepper to the mix (I like the way it tasted, my husband didn’t).
Serve with a vegetable of your choice.
**If you are doing the 21 day fix, 1/4 of the 9×13 is a serving. It would count as 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 blue, and 1 purple. Your vegetable would also add 1 green.