Note: This is a very spicy recipe. I won’t eat it, but my husband loves it. I posted a milder recipe earlier.
1 pound ground beef
1 cup rice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1/2 cup soy milk
1. Start rice. Everyone’s stove is different, but I do one cup of rice with two cups of water in a covered sauce pan.Bring to a boil. Once water level is just above rice, put heat on low for ten minutes
2. Start peas. I put one cup of frozen peas in a saucepan, with just enough water to cover peas. Bring to a boil and then put on low until ready to serve.
3. Mix spices together in a small bowl.
4. Begin frying beef in a skillet.
5. Once meat starts to brown, add spice mixture and soy milk.
6. Meat is ready when soy milk cooks off.
7. Drain peas.
8. Serve in a bowl. Add rice, peas, and meat. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Eat as is or mix together with a spoon.
You could also put over tortilla chips or in taco shells instead of rice.