1 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
2 tablespoons Garbanzo Bean Flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
3/4 teaspoon Yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
8 ounce bag shredded cheese (we like daiya cheddar)
8 hotdogs (we like jennie-o turkey franks)
1. Fill pot with water.
2. Boil water.
3. Add hotdogs to water.
4. Continue cooking on high until hotdogs begin to float in pot.
5. Drain water.
6. In a large bowl, beat eggs.
7. Add olive oil, water, and apple cider vinegar to bowl.
8. Mix in brown rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, xanthan gum, yeast, and salt.
9. Let batter rise for 45 minutes.
10. Cut hot dogs in half so that you have 16 small hot dogs.
11. Pour bag of cheese onto a plate and spread evenly.
12. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper for easier clean up.
13. Put round end of a hot dog on a fork.
14. Roll hot dog in dough until thoroughly covered.
15. Roll dough covered hot dog over cheese until coated.
16. Place hot dog on parchment paper.
17. Repeat steps 13-16 for each chunk of hot dog.
18. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted (Daiya cheese takes at least 20 minutes, normal dairy cheeses take 15-17 minutes).
Serve with a vegetable.
You can also dip in marinara sauce.
Note: I usually end up with some dough at the end, and make 3-4 cheese biscuits in addition to the pigs in a blanket. If your package of hotdogs has 10 or 12, you might not have any extra for cheese biscuits.