1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup water
1 cup rice
1 cup peas
Shredded cheese of your choosing (we like daiya pepper jack )
1. Start rice. Everyone’s stove is different, but I do one cup of rice with two cups of water in a covered sauce pan.Bring to a boil. Once water level is just above rice, put heat on low for ten minutes
2. Start peas. I put one cup of frozen peas in a saucepan, with just enough water to cover peas. Bring to a boil and then put on low until ready to serve.
3. Mix sugar, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a small bowl.
4. Begin frying beef in a skillet.
5. Once meat starts to brown, add spice mixture and water.
6. Meat is ready when water cooks off.
7. Drain peas.
8. Serve in a bowl. Add rice, peas, and meat. Sprinkle with cheese on top. Eat as is or mix together with a spoon.